Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Clifton Johnson: Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriage

Thanks to the state of California, I have now officiated a wedding. Our friends Aaron and Mindy were wed in Los Angeles over the weekend, and California allows anybody to complete paperwork, pay a small fee and swear in as a Deputy Commissioner of Civil Marriage for a day. So now I am not only obligated to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States (I was a Peace Corps volunteer, after all), but I am also required to protect and defend the Constitution of the state of California. And really, between me and Schwarzenegger, I doubt anyone will threaten that state anytime soon. At any rate, I don't think I botched up Aaron and Mindy's special day too much. Check out the photos from our lovely family weekend in Los Angeles.

- Cliff

http://picasaweb.google.com/clifton.t.johnson/California