Monday, October 01, 2007

So much can change in 10 days ...

Friends ... I am here to tell you I am a new man. (Or, at least a more fully developed baby.) Less than 10 days ago, I was a one-toothed non-verbal urchin who had barely mastered rolling over. Now, I am proud to proclaim, I'm a four-toothed crawler who can pull himself up on the couch, and who knows how to get what he wants by saying "Dada" while looking at that tall guy who hangs around the house. (In case you were wondering, saying "Mama" while looking at that brown haired chick is also pretty effective for getting myself picked up and cuddled.)

Sure, I've got a few wounds from developing these new skills. I ate a leaf (which went in much easier than it came out, if you know what I mean). And twice I've slammed my fingers in drawers I crawled to when Mom wasn't looking. Plus so far, those teeth really aren't worth the pain. But despite all this, I'd say it's been a pretty good few weeks. (As long as I don't think about the Bears.)

My nine month check-up is next week, so I'm putting a survey question on this blog. Everyone with the right answer wins ... continued free access to this blog. (I'm sure you'll agree that's a real value, considering the blog features so many cute photos of me.) Enough for now ... I've got mischief to crawl toward.

- Sam